A city bursting with character, culture and classic experiences; an urban beach lifestyle and the world's most stunning harbour.
Take in a performance at Sydney Opera House or sail beneath the Harbour Bridge; go kayaking to discover the foreshore and enjoy a picnic at a secluded sandy beach.
The oldest, largest and, some say, the most beautiful city in Australia is renowned for much more than its famous landmarks. The city has first-class restaurants, fresh seafood, myriad harbour experiences, sparkling beaches, fantastic shopping and countless art and culture festivals and events taking place throughout the year.
- Top of the bridge
- Success! Craig Ogden and the Classic FM team climb to the top of Sydney Harbour Bridge to enjoy the spectacular views.
- Beautiful Bondi
- Craig enjoys sweeping views over Sydney's famous beach during the Bondi to Bronte coastal walk.
- Craig finds inspiration for his music on the beach at Bondi Beach.
- Opera House
- Craig captures the incredible architecture while on a backstage tour of Sydney Opera House.
See the rest of Craig's Journey
Next, join Craig as he discovers the local music and art of Melbourne and the beautiful beaches of Perth.
Sydney image gallery
Click on the thumbnails.
- Sydney Harbour
- Enjoy fine dining with fine views at Sydney Harbour .
- Blue Mountains
- Just 90 minutes' drive from Sydney, the Blue Mountains are perfect for hiking.
- Discover Sydney's beaches
- Discover Sydney's harbour side northern beaches.
- Meet the locals
- Get up close and personal with the unique Australian wildlife.
- Spoilt for choice: take a dip at the beach or swim in the ocean pool at Bondi.
- Hunter Valley
- Explore beyond the city and enjoy a wine tasting experience in the Hunter Valley.
- Fresh fish markets
- Experience the hustle and bustle of Sydney's popular fish markets for fresh food.
- There's nothing like a BBQ with friends while sailing on Sydney's harbour.
- Sydney Harbour
- Take to the water and explore the picturesque bays around Sydney Harbour.
- Play a round
- Enjoy a round of golf with dramatic views in the Blue Mountains
- Sydney Harbour Bridge
- Climb the Sydney Harbour Bridge and take in the spectacular views of the harbour.
- New Year's Eve
- If you're in Sydney on New Year's Eve there's only one place to be.
Wish you were here?
Flying to Australia has never been easier. Emirates flies to Sydney three times a day with departures from six UK regional airports. (Heathrow, London Gatwick, Birmingham, Manchester, Newcastle and Glasgow via Dubai).