Melbourne showcases the best of Australia's laid-back lifestyle, but it also revels in a more old-world sense of sophistication and style. With its diverse inner-city villages, chic fashion stores, over 3,000 restaurants, bars and cafes, a variety of music venues and an excellent transit system, you have all the ingredients of a great destination.
Known as a style-setter, Melbourne's history and culture collide with creativity and innovation. A focal point for the arts, events and entertainment is Federation Square — a creative mix of galleries, cafes and public space — connecting the city with the Yarra River.
Take time out beyond the city and visit nearby Phillip Island for a Little Penguin parade; take a road trip along the Great Ocean Road , or relax in Victoria's spa country of Daylesford.
- Balloon ride
- Craig catches a magnificent sunrise as he experiences a birds' eye view of Melbourne from a hot air balloon.
- Harley Davidson
- There's nothing like feeling the wind in your hair with an exhilarating Harley Davidson ride to the lively beachside suburb of St Kilda.
See the rest of Craig's Journey
Follow Craig to Perth to experience the huge range of music and culture, from symphony orchestra to jazz and blues.
Click on the thumbnails.
- Historic trams
- Explore the city on one of Melbourne's historic trams.
- Hot air balloon ride
- Get a bird's eye view of the city with a sunrise balloon flight over Melbourne.
- Great Ocean Road
- Hire a car and discover the magnificent coastline of the Great Ocean Road.
- Phillip Island
- Meet the Little Penguins on nearby Phillip Island.
- Federation Square
- Enjoy the entertainment, culture, art and events in Federation Square.
- There's nothing like some jazz with your breakfast in Melbourne.
- St. Kilda
- Soak up the seaside cafes and bakeries in Melbourne's St. Kilda.
- Antique stores
- Spend the day exploring the trinket, boutique and antique stores in Melbourne.
- Twelve Apostles
- Take in the breathtaking views of the Twelve Apostles on the Great Ocean Road.
- Street art
- Discover local street art in Melbourne's laneways — there's nothing like a free art gallery!
- Daylesford, Victoria
- Take in the splendour of the country surrounds in Daylesford, Victoria.
- Grampians National Park
- Enjoy a walk with some friendly locals in the Grampians National Park.
Wish you were here?
Flying to Australia has never been easier. Emirates fly to Melbourne three times a day with departures from six UK regional airports. (Heathrow, London Gatwick, Birmingham, Manchester, Newcastle and Glasgow via Dubai).